Learn how to make your very own simple macrame wall hanging with feathers. It will look great anywhere in your home and you can customize by choosing any color for your feathers. Simple decor is what I love and this wall hanging ticks all the boxes!
New to the art of macrame? Learn to macrame with these 4 basic macrame knots.
This post contains affiliate links, you can read my full disclosure HERE
I am having so much fun creating these simple macrame designs! In case you missed it, check out my Simple Modern Wreath, it’s perfect for any season. Eliminating the need for storing away 3 other wreaths for each different time of the year.
Cause who has time for that? We are simplifying around here and less is more.
Supplies needed to make a simple macrame wall hanging with feathers:
- 10 – 10′ lengths of natural colored 3mm cotton macrame string
- 86 – 6″ lengths of mustard colored 3mm cotton macrame string
- Silver macrame ring
- Attach 10 macrame strings to your hoop using the lark’s head knot.
- Create a triangle pattern using square knots. This entire wall hanging is made using basic macrame knots.
- Pull all of the strings tight across the macrame ring and secure using double half hitch knots.
Now we’re ready to add some color to this simple wall hanging with feathers!
I decided on mustard because yellow is my favorite color and mustard fits in perfectly with the color scheme in our living room, but you can use any color you want.
- Cut 86 6″ pieces of mustard colored 3mm cotton macrame string
- Fold two 6″ strings in half
- Lay one under the string hanging from the wall hanging.
- Lay the other one on top of the string hanging from the wall hanging.
- Insert the ends of each into the loop end of the other and pull tight.
- Continue adding until you have 16 sets.
- Comb the strings out then cut into the shape of a feather.
- Make two feathers with 16 strings and one feather with 11 strings.
- Stagger them on their strings so that they fall at different lengths.
Here it is! All done!
This wall hanging started out to be a wreath, but the feathers added to much weight and it turned on the nail when I hung it up. Epic fail for a wreath. So, now it is a wall hanging.
Sometimes you just have to adapt when projects don’t turn out as expected. LOL!
Do you like the mustard color or will you choose a different color for your feathers? Let me know in the comments below!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN FOR LATER!